Friday, July 26, 2013

Hannah's tonsil surgery

It was a hard decision to make, whether we should have your tonsils out
but every night going to bed hearing your labored breathing, I feel it was the right thing to do.
I have been so happy to hear you breathing quietly each time you fall asleep now.
Everything went very well. You were very brave. God worked out everything perfectly. 
Drew and Isabelle were more concerned than you,
of course they were able to envision a bit better of what was going to go on.
The night prior to the surgery Drew told me he was just going to bury his head in his pillow
until we returned. I questioned why?
He said "I am just scared, I want to have it done to me instead of to Hannah."
As soon as we returned, he jumped in the car
and asked how you were and wanted to carry you inside.
From there on out it was a competition between he and Isabelle who was the nurse and who the Dr. tending to your needs. They had set up a bed with an extra lamp, your doll right next to you, books and crayons to color and had gone to the store with Grammie to get a sick present:
a deer which they insisted You wanted.  
When asked if your throat hurts: "No, not really."
We will give it a couple days.
The deer you named Stella (hope you dont mind U.Kevin and A.Susan)
 
It is nice that we all benefit from the additional popsicles in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment