Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring is near, but not here!

I love it....that the kids can't contain themselves to get outside to play.
We took the bikes down this weekend ~ it was in the high 50s,
the snow melted fast...but still splotches here and there.
One can imagine the mud! Dad was not happy with it dug up under the swings
(sure that the lawn will never be redeemed and it may not); tracked across the patio,
crusted on the bike tires, and splattering their pants and boots.
But ~ so far nothing like last year. 
My heart was so happy that I had not heard from the kids in a long length of time.
They were getting along so well, and enjoying the outdoors.......
I had looked out to check on them but not closely enough until it was too late:
they were covered in mud, even their faces. What were they thinking??!!!
They came to the window in response to my "quiet" yell for them (lest I be overheard by a neighbor), only to explain/justify they were just doing what Father did.
It was a week after AshWednesday.
They had barely recognizable crosses on their foreheads and of course slathered everywhere else.
 
Just enjoying a snack at the picnic table.

Dad, could I please shoot now?

Come on Louis, you can do it!
 
Hannah this is great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment